Free Workshops for Educators
We will post upcoming web-based and on-campus learning opportunities here.
Free Online Tech Training for Educators
Web based skill building in using software and technologies.
New iLearn now here!
Setting up your course in iLearn v2
this is a document that matches the CAT training.
We will keep adding to it over the next few days.
- Getting Started in iLearn (CAT Videos)
- Atomic Learning iLearn Training
- How to rollover your old course to the new iLearn yourself
- Get our help for more complicated rollovers!
Subscribe to the CAT and iLearn groups in MY...
- CAT - (https://my.csumb.edu/cat) - all things CAT, including the CAT Muse, weekly updates (you can post as well), questions, discussions, and interesting topics from the world of instructional technologies and resources.
- iLearn - (https://my.csumb.edu/ilearn) - have questions, comments, suggestions about using iLearn - or want to share how you use iLearn? CAT staff will also be posting tidbits and other hints on using iLearn.
- Instructors: Check-Out Tech Equipment from CAT Office:
- Lecture Capture - CamtasiaRelay is available to all students faculty and staff for screen and audio recording. Useful for providing media feedback on writing, projects, or for creating short instructional media for distribution in iLearn, it's easy to use from anywhere. More information here
Student Response System (Clickers)
Make your Large Lecture Classes "Click." Student Response Systems (or Clickers) are used in the classroom, both to capture and project on the screen instant anonymous surveys, that can be used to deepen classroom dialog---and also for instant for credit quizzes to encourage students to stay alert. More information here.
Turnitin "student writing originality checking" is now integrated into your iLearn courses.
Students view this video
FREE Adobe CS6 Master Collection For Faculty and Staff
The Adobe CSU licensing agreement now provides the CS6 Master Collection for home use computers for faculty and staff. This includes Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro and many other programs. This is a free download (it is VERY large) and can be installed on 2 personal computers (DO NOT install on CSUMB computers). To get started and for more information, go to http://it.csumb.edu/adobe-software
- Microsoft Office Suite for Faculty and Staff - $15 at the Campus Bookstore
- Free tech training for you and your students from Atomic Learning on hundreds of software programs.