What's NEW for Summer 2013
Instructor Countdown Checklist & Campus Resources Guide
- Helpful resource guide to end the new semester.
- New cat_muse_5-9-13.pdf
- Instructors: Check-Out Tech Equipment from CAT Office:
- New iLearn now here for Summer & Fall
Subscribe to the CAT and iLearn groups in MY...
- CAT - (https://my.csumb.edu/cat) - all things CAT, including the CAT Muse, weekly updates (you can post as well), questions, discussions, and interesting topics from the world of instructional technologies and resources.
- iLearn - (https://my.csumb.edu/ilearn) - have questions, comments, suggestions about using iLearn - or want to share how you use iLearn? CAT staff will also be posting tidbits and other hints on using iLearn.
- Lecture Capture - CamtasiaRelay is available to all students faculty and staff for screen and audio recording. Useful for providing media feedback on writing, projects, or for creating short instructional media for distribution in iLearn, it's easy to use from anywhere. More information here
Student Response System (Clickers)
Make your Large Lecture Classes "Click." Student Response Systems (or Clickers) are used in the classroom, both to capture and project on the screen instant anonymous surveys, that can be used to deepen classroom dialog---and also for instant for credit quizzes to encourage students to stay alert. More information here.
- Turnitin "student writing originality checking" is available. Request an account is here
FREE Adobe CS6 Master Collection For Faculty and Staff
The Adobe CSU licensing agreement now provides the CS6 Master Collection for home use computers for faculty and staff. This includes Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro and many other programs. This is a free download (it is VERY large) and can be installed on 2 personal computers (DO NOT install on CSUMB computers). To get started and for more information, go to http://it.csumb.edu/adobe-software