New Faculty Orientation
(Note: links on this page Do Not open in a new window or tab so if you click on a link you will need to either Right Click/Option Click or use the Back Arrow to return to this page)
- Use this LINK to access an iLearn website for New Faculty.
Ten steps to get your iLearn course started
this is a document that covers basic iLearn CAT training.
We will keep adding to it based on user feedback.
- Getting Started in iLearn (CAT Videos)
- Rollover your old course to new in iLearn
Subscribe to the CAT and iLearn groups in MY...
- CAT - (https://my.csumb.edu/cat) - all things CAT, including the CAT Muse, weekly updates (you can post as well), questions, discussions, and interesting topics from the world of instructional technologies and resources.
- iLearn - (https://my.csumb.edu/ilearn) - have questions, comments, suggestions about using iLearn - or want to share how you use iLearn? CAT staff will also be posting tidbits and other hints on using iLearn.
- Instructors: Check-Out Tech Equipment from CAT Office:
- Lecture Capture - CamtasiaRelay is available to all students faculty and staff for screen and audio recording. Useful for providing media feedback on writing, projects, or for creating short instructional media for distribution in iLearn, it's easy to use from anywhere. More information here
Student Response System (Clickers)
Make your Large Lecture Classes "Click." Student Response Systems (or Clickers) are used in the classroom, both to capture and project on the screen instant anonymous surveys, that can be used to deepen classroom dialog---and also for instant for credit quizzes to encourage students to stay alert. More information here.
FREE Adobe Software For Faculty/Staff and Students
The Adobe CSU licensing agreement now provides the Adobe Creative Suite of software for home use computers for faculty, staff and students.. This includes Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro and many other programs. To get started and for more information, go to http://it.csumb.edu/adobe-software
- Microsoft Office Suite for Faculty and Staff - $15 at the Campus Bookstore
- Free tech training for you and your students from Atomic Learning on hundreds of software programs.